<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7934616213409957739?origin\x3dhttp://beiddybaba.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Welcome to beiddybaba.blogspot.com
Friday, May 8, 2009Y
Long post

I'm Back! lols. I've like come to the end of the third week in school and i must say I've adapted pretty well to it. And wow loads of things happened. So let me rewind a little. My class has like 2 JJC girls.. one of them is Sarah (which happens to be wenfang's friend since I read wf's blog)the other is Stephanie (2 yrs older). We study modules like anatomy, physiology (which is pretty much JC Bio), foundation in physiotherapy (which is my specialisation la), sociology (like GP except that there's no essay and i tink there's like mcq qns and short ans qns) and my elective is like Life Science, which is again biology all over again! Well of course alot of my classmates have no bio bgrounds so i guess they have to put in more effort.

For anatomy, well first week we studied the cadever (which is simply a dead body). I remember how how nervous I felt before entering the lab. haha. Put simply, the dead bodies are cut at the pelvis area where it contains the largest blood vessel then they insert some sort of pumps to drain the blood. Subsequently, preservatives are pumped into the body. And the bodies are cut up using saw along either the transverse, sagittal (equal right and left) or frontal plane( equal front and back). These bodies are usually donated or unclaimed bodies. The one I saw was cut along the sagittal plane and is more than like 20 years. He has no lower limbs and the penis has been cut off. It looks like a brown mass placed on the cold metallic surface. He has been well-preserved and is uncannily life-like. The place is filled with this odd smell of chemical not particularly pleasing to the nose. Huge jars line the walls containing preserved human organs. I think the parts that made me feel uncomfortable is the sound made when the prof is manuovering the corpse around, somewhat like rolling meat along the metallic surface that you see in a butcher's store in the market. ANother one was when prof lifted His eyelid and we saw the eyeball. SOrta light blue (not the colour of the iris though). His corneas were removed too. Well overall, it was truely eye-opening. But I'm kinda scared of touching it which we are like supposed to.

Then on Friday night of the first week, went to Kbox with my new classmates. Haha.. it was truely a crazy experience. lol. Got no photos tho.. HOpe to have more outings =D

For CCA, Wanted badminton and guitar. Didn't pass the selection test for badminton (too many pros) tho I passed the selection test for guitar. But the troublesome part is i've got to lug my guitar to school in addition to laptops, books and my heavy Anatomy textbook!! So I think i'm joining sketch arts since that was what I loved. It's somewhat like a professional Arts class and I think I'm going to like it. The timing is oso great. =D

Academics wise, hmm I'm kinda struggling in physiotherapy. Alot of hands-on since this is what they are preparing us for -to work in a clinical setting. Yea and Im having troubles with palpation! Save me! And i can't find the reference text in school library! All ON LOAN. -__-!!

Yea lastly I went to the school gym for the first time yesterday and I LOVE IT! It's so marvelous though it could have been more spacious., There's so many equipments over there! SInce we paid for the miscellaneous fee, why not make use of it? Haha..

4:40 AM