what happened during my MIA period!
So long I MIA from my blog le. Throughout this period, alot of things happen s usual. I got accepted into physiotherapy! Yeah. I was quite worried I couldn't even get into poly 'A' lvl course since i heard from eun that her cousins received the offer long time ago. But fortunately, I managed to secure a place in the course i like. =) But now, one thing that is holding me back is the fact I have to open up dead bodies (i tink they are called cadevers) and examine their organs. It is a really frightening idea. Gosh. I dunno if i even have the guts to face it. Argh. And i heard u have to come into contact with cadevers the most for physio students. Right, but nevertheless I accepted the offer. Then went to the prescribed clinic SATA Jurong Branch to do a health check-up. All sorts of simple tests.. X-ray, urine test, visual acuity test, BLOOD TEST and all those general check ups. I was quite scared for the blood test. That lady's not very re-assuring. Before she injected, she told me 'Girl, It's going to hurt'. -_- and after that she waved the bottle containing my blood at me and said 'Neh this your blood'. LOL. And I thnk she's kinda did a bad job. It hurts after the injection and the area bruised. Signs ofd inexperience and uncareful handling. Currently spent close to 100 for the registration process. And it's kinda funny at the entrance they hanged a sign with the following acroynm: 'So Affordable To All'. I think the actual one should be Singapore Anti-Tuberculosis Association.Anyway, sth very unfortunate happened to me and it kinda lower my chances of getting into uni!!! I opted for engineering courses for NTU. I went to the open house and ask the asst prof and staff members at the booth whether I could take Engine courses in uni if I had no 'A' Physics and 'O' Phy since the requirement was such that if you do not have 'A' Phys, you need to have AT LEAST an 'O' Phy. I only offered COmbied sci in chem and phy. But I wanted engine sooo much. They told me it should be okay and that I should apply for it since I liked it. I wrote in to the professors to ask them, they didn;t reply. I called admission centre, call could not get through always. Finally I wrote to the admission office peeps about my queries on early 20th March. But I didn;t get a reply. I thought I should give it a try since I was reassured by the asst prof to apply and i tot there would be bridging modules. I put engine as my top choice and 3rd choice. And I got a reply finally on 2nd Apr. Like wth. What;s the use of replying me when the deadline is up??!! Worst still, I was told I did not meet the criteria for most engine courses. -_- So i effectively wasted my choice. I could have chosen other courses instead and it seems i've placed myself in a disadvantaged position. I was so foolish to have believed I could satify the criteria with a combined sci. SIgh..... parent asks me to appeal but i must ensure my case is strong enough b4 doing so. =( this is real troubling. Sigh
Anyway,tues will be the last day in office. I know i will miss it badly. Sigh. Seems like I've grown to like the environment and the people there. But at least I think i didn;t leave a bad impression on them and perhaps be missed when they walk past the empty table where I occupied for the last 4 months? Like last week one of the engineer went back to Oslo, I was really kinda upset although we dun really tok much. But leaving is always sad I guess if you don't dislike the person. Now the surveyors can no longer nag at me, no person for them to bully. Now I've learnt a way to tackle them. THey were not afraid of me because my words carried no weight and i'm new and young and easy to 'exploit'. But if I use the boss's name, they will usually comply. Haha not too late to realise.
Thursday night, we went to Akashi Japanese Resturant at Vivo for my farewell dinner. Kinda nice of them. =) And they kept making me give a farewell speech. But it was a heart-warming night afterall and went home in colleague's car after that.


ANyway, replacement trainee coming tomoro.. gotta pass all my power to her le. haha
7:55 PM