second day of 2009- work starts
Today, while I was getting to work, something embarrassing happened to me. I boarded the bus in the right side of the door and automatically turned to the right to scan my ezlink. But that freak bus has only one machine on the left. The uncle watched me like a hawk ready to yell at me anytime, 'OI XIAO MEI! (little girl)'. Even with my canal phones, I can still hear him yell loud and clear. Apparently, the entire bus's passenger must have thought I tried to hitch a free ride. Please. Why would I scrimp on few cents worth of bus fare and trade it with my pride? Not so silly. And I dunno why today morning, my feet was unusually smaller than usual. By right water retention should make it swell and become bigger. So it was really lose. I walked to the end of the bus after scanning my ezlink and while climbing to the top seats, my right shoe dangled dangerously and dropped to the floor. Very Very embarrassed!
Today's lunch time was hilarious. My collegues were on the topic of procreation and hence inevitably, they cracked numerous dirty jokes. I think dirty jokes really make people crack-up . The aunties are really wild and vivacious while on the topic. LOL. Then today there's this angmoh from DNV Brazil who came to Singapore to visit cos his father was the superintendent of wat la. He was assigned to sit at a desk beside me. I tried catching his eyes several times to greet him, but to no avail. But I felt awkward because he was like starring at me while I'm doing my work. I greeted him but he just totally ignored me! TSK..
8:35 AM