Saturday, January 10, 2009Y
Boss treat Blooie
On Friday, our boss decided to give all the secretaries a treat. I'm not one but I think my colleague roped me in as well since all the girls were going too. I think I'm either an assistant to a secretary or what they call a 'CMC coordinator'.
Yea and a few more interesting observation made esp on the boss's car. First, they didn't have any inhibitions and talked to the boss in the most casual manner, in their usual crazy and loud way. Secondly, I noticed that they were a little insensitive. They communicated to each other in their usual dialect+mandarin+eng language, disregarding the fact that he cannot understand. Btw the boss is an angmoh. Kinda odd.
My colleagues told me angmohs are more tolerant and don't really emphasise the distinction between boss and employee unlike chinese bosses. They also blatantly talked about him in dialect of cos,in his presence etc although they reckon he could roughly make out what we are saying. I remained silent throughout the journey cos i feel it is an unspoken rule that newbies shouldn't be too chit-chatty and crazy. My colleague agrees. Yea and then we went to a restaurant called 'Blooie' (spelled like BLOODIE, lol) around science park II. The food was damn damn ex but nice la. Ten of us in total. The 5 of us decided to order our choice of food and then share share with everyone so we get to eat a little bit of everything. NIce idea. One of them ordered this 'oxtail' thingy and I think it wasn't very nice, cos it was soft and oily like a piece of fat. Towards the end of the meal, I noticed the boss's face was very black. I thought it was the price (390+!!), but my colleague says that is most unlikely to be the case, more cos lunchtime was over. He is very very particular about punctuality.
7:08 PM