<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7934616213409957739?origin\x3dhttp://beiddybaba.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Welcome to beiddybaba.blogspot.com
Tuesday, December 16, 2008Y
I'm a working woman

Right today is second day at work at the maritime department =) Didn't blog about the first day yesterday cos I wasn't feeling too well. The place I'm working is at buona vista, Science Park, somewhere near King Edwards Vll hostel(NUS). The working environment is pretty nice cos I like to have my own desk, own desktop, bulletin board and cupboard. There's this coffee dispenser, u noe those kind we had to buy for 50 cents in school? We get to drink it foc and serving is def larger. Somemore there's this stationary cupboard which contain alot of stationaries (duh) and u get to pick them and place it on ur desk. Haha so cool. =) Yesterday did some filing work and the filing area is pretty cool oso. I noe im kinda sua gu but this is my first working experience la. The file cupboard has some kind of 'wheels' (u noe sth like those expensieve pencil sharpener where u turn the handle) then u pull pull pull and lock it. But it's very important to lock it though or you'll get crushed!!! Sorting the archives is boring tho. My workplace is very cosmopolitant, especially from China and Norweigian, since this is a norwgn company and operates worldwide. I'm like the youngest in the department since most of them are in their late 30s and 40s. Interestingly, they tend to speak to each other in dialect, lucky I can understand. Nice one, and their english is also not bad lei. The aunties and ladies over there are warm and friendly and the receptionist is nice too. And there's a cute angmoh sitting directly opposite me. Haha, just that he's on leave for a month. As I just learnt today, there's actually 2 days in one week dedicated to staffs to eat fruits. Haaha. Kinda funny and cute. Another thing I observed is that this company doesn't seem to rresort to retrenchment and is quite pro-family. My colleagues told me this is mainly due to the fact that Norweigians placed heavy emphasis on the family. Hmm today was quite a hectic day because I've started doing the 'real' thing. It's quite complicated, really and I feel so ps for troubling the auntie teaching me cos the situations I face is dynamic and changes from case to case. Alot of codes here and there. Simply mind-boggling. The software isn't very nice to work with too. Contrary to what my agent asked of me, I didn't need knowledge of Excel, which I learnt it for the job.

Anyway, this weak body of mine. I had 3 hits in a short span of barely 3 weeks. Sick, recover Sick, recoverSick, recoverSick, recover.. When is this going to end???!!! Throat is still hurting bad bad bad. ZZZ. Working in freezing cold office- end result is chapped and sore lips, dry and
slightly bloodshot eyes, dry skin, dry throat, blocked nose, runny nose...

3:38 AM