Wednesday, December 31, 2008Y
2009=?
2009 is here. What awaits??? It would be predicted I would work for first half of the year(argh man) till perhaps June since that's when my contract expires, or when I think I deserve a break. Then perhaps secure a much coveted science or arts course in the local university or pursue a NYP course for 'A' students. According to my colleague, he mentioned that engineering courses isn't usually a preferred course unlike in the past, where only the good ones enter and vy for a position. He also firmly dissuades me to take Social Science since her wife took that lamented that all her life, she only deals with people's problem- deliquent kids for one and mostly they are left to rot, for the social worker can only do that much. But hey studying social science doesn't mean u are to become a social worker. You don't get a uni degree to chase around wayward teenagers to get them to clean up their act. Yea but I'm still at a lost. I dunno what I really desire to pursue in life. I don't have any big dreams or lofty aspirations. 2009 would be, perhaps another economic gloomy year. We didn't seem to have good economies since 1997, perhaps only in varying severity.
Workin life is kinda new experience, since you are working in big offices, facing all sorts of people, and picking up what we call 'office politics', making small talks at pantries. Work life is nevertheless, still very much like school. That's why Bowling for Soup's 'High School Never End' rings so true. There's alot of facades, hyperboles. And like the auntiee pointed out to me that 18 is not the age to be considered as 'grown up', I'm still like a tender seedling that just sprouted and I must at least go out to see the society as it is for 2 more years before I become a 'full-fledge adult'. Wow, her words got me feeling all so apprehended. Is the outside world really such a bizzare and complex world? Sounds scary. Sometimes I wish I rather not know all these nonsense cos ignorance is bliss. Through work, I realised man(mature and with family) can gossip as well, sometimes as vicious and subtle as woman. It was real eye-opening. And I noticed some interesting things also, I'm suspecting my grp leader who is a married man likes my mentor(married also) though it is not backed by evidence, just my suspicion. Extramarital affairs? Perhaps this'll be the first time I come across in my life. I've seen alot of bootlicking and cheeky small talks also just to get a treat ,all from matured man and woman. Wow. And I've seen an old auntie who ended every of her sentences with a flirtatious tap at a noticeably younger man's lap. It seems overwhelming but I'm just beginning to learn to embrace and observe. Through their daily conversations, I also picked up some trivial finances, family and cooking stuffs and of cos some of their dirty jokes. I think I'll become aunitie soon. Lol. Adult world seems facinating huh.
10:12 PM