Thursday, November 27, 2008Y
Nonya
Just finished watching 'Little Nonya' aired on Channel 8 just now. Been watching it the past few days, and I must say it's another rare quality mediacorp production. I can't say for the entire show, but as far as I have watched,I really do like it. Can see alot of effort put in to revive the Baba culture among the locals. If you'd notice (pretty obvious), they worked in numerous lines for the characters explaining the Baba culture.It's sad when culture just die off like this. But wait, at least we still have Bengawan Solo. Thanks to these stores that we still get to enjoy these wonderful perenakan food. Anyway, after watching the show, I kinda feel choked with emotion. Firstly, her very retarded father, failed to find out the truth before condemning her. Miscarriage of justice! And my heart goes all out to Juxiang. She cannot speak, she cannot defend herself. Such a shame. It's like throttling her at the throat. After watching this show, my fondness for Ouxuan increased exponentially. The Nonya look really flatters her, the character's outlook is really likeable. =)
6:05 AM