Thursday, August 28, 2008Y
magical thoughts
I found the Harry Potter and the half-blood prince trailer just now, though it was uploaded like donkey years ago. The Hedwig's theme seemed to transport me into the magical world again. It's such a haunting and mysterious song. Oh yeah btw, Tales of Beedle the Bard can be pre-ordered, saw it in Popular yesterday. J.K Rowling is simply genius. Never have I came across a book I love so much. Her books are wonderfully filled with surprises, twists and the characters are portrayed so vividly. I think her portrayal of Dumbledore is the greatest feat. I don't really now how to describe. But I just love the Harry Potter series. Not so the movies though, even tho I never fail to catch them in the cinemas. Well I don't really like the new Dumbledore. Ok, I noe Michael Gambon is a pretty fine actor. But well, there are alot of things, and not even subtle ones ok, that are being wrongly projected. Let's take the GOF for example. Dumbledore never resorts to violence. When Harry's name appeared in the fire, he grabbed his shirt, shook and barked him as if trying to jolt the evil spirit out of Harry. Drama. Simply not true la. I think Alfonso spoiled the thing. He chose to let this new 'Dumbledore' have long yellow beards tied up at the end and make him behave like some irrational and bad tempered old man. Stupid, tsk. Ok I noe some of you might argue that whatever that is written in the book should be subjected to the director's modification to make it appealing and dramatic so that it sells.Oh well..... looks like you can only get the real thing from the book itself. Btw, my absolute favs are the GOF, HBP and DH. Dun really like OOTP tho.
6:21 AM