The BOW
Phew, just watched finish a
mind-boggling movie,
The Bow on Crunchy Roll. I would say it's really
deeply disturbing and I couldn't quite comprehend the ending though I conjecture that it's sth really freaky and disgusting. Trust me, you won't want to witness that scene for the underaged or faint-hearties like me. Hmm perhaps if you view it from an artistic perspect, you won't see it as something that is shocking and unacceptable? No idea. Well but the movie is unsettling though it's not a horror film, somehow it just gets you sitting on the edge of the chair at times. Some things worth watching would be it's nice setting and music. The ending is quite abstruse, well and is subjected to your intepretation, I guess.
SPOILER WARNING And my guess is that after the old man killed himself, his spirit came back and stripped the young girl of her virginity that accounts for the blood at the end and the fact that the girl seemed to be in a trance. Initially, I thought the arrow hit her, but she sat up then, looking pretty fine. And yea the student, acted by Suh Ji suk, witnessed the entire thing.END OF SPOILER Plain odd.. Weird movie anyway, and I won't want to watch any movie directed by Kim Ki Duk anymore, just not my type at this present moment. Well if I've piqued your curiosity on what the heck the entire story was about, then read the below synopsis cum review.
http://www.beyondhollywood.com/the-bow-2005-movie-review/. And since I'm on this serious note, I shan't go on about how suh ji suk is so cute and blah. I think I'm still in the state of bewilderness. It's a weird movie with an
unconventional theme, but
not rudely shocking though, yeap. Go watch it if you fancy then. I leave it up to you to decide =)
6:09 AM